Friday, April 22, 2016

Update

It has been 9 years since the auction.

What? 9 years? Shit.

So here's an update. I did sell most everything. What I decided not to sell, or what didn't sell, I either donated or brought out to my sister in Montana. I moved to California in Oct of 2007. I brought my dog to my dad's cousin who lived on a farm and could give her more room to run. I brought my cat with me. Everything was either shipped or transported on my car to the coast.

For 2 years I rented a room in someone else's place. All I needed was a bed and a place to put my clothes. Then I moved into an apartment in Palo Alto with a roommate, furnished with items being sold by Japanese students going back to Japan. I was really trying to minimize my possessions and footprint.

In August of 2014 I moved to Phoenix. Again I lived in other people's houses. Last fall I realized that my personality and the personality of people renting rooms did not mesh, so I got my own place. After living for so long in a bedroom, it was a shock to move into 700 sf. It felt huge--too big for one person. And trying to furnish it was almost overwhelming. I did head to IKEA and learned a lot about what my style was, what I needed, and what I do based on making others happy.

No comments: