Thursday, April 26, 2007

3 days left

Everything that hasn't gone by Sunday will be donated the following weekend. Hmm.... or maybe I should try to sell it during Cinco de Mayo? No!!! It must be gone.

2 things happened this week. One, I stopped by the Black Dog Cafe to get some coffee monday am and saw the Clouds in Water Zen studio brochure. The topic was generosity and how it can lead to increasing expansiveness in life. Which made me reconsider the tack of selling things versus, say giving them away. (as one comment states). I seem to be trying to buy enlightenment or good karma by selling away my attachment. Kind of like sending money to a televangilist. Thus the deadline for sales.

The second thing was selling my bed frame today. A different perspective sleeping on the floor rather than 3 feet off the floor. And it shook what I think it means to be an adult. When I started professing, being an adult was getting a regular paycheck and being able to buy substantial pieces of furniture that did not involve milk crates and unfinished shelves. The bed frame was one of the first pieces I did buy after I bought my house. So does it mean I am no longer an adult if I no longer have substantial pieces of furniture? Or is being an adult doing the difficult and sometimes tedious tasks that keep you a part of society?

And my bff called me bff, which made me smile and laugh at the same time. Especially because he's a hetero male and that is not common language for hetero males. Or gay males, either.

No comments: